The Opioid Epidemic and the Trucking Industry
The silent problem that has become a national crisis and a concern for motor carriers and drivers.
The opioid crisis has slowly reached epidemic proportions in the country and is having a significant impact on the trucking industry. Please joint us for this FREE 30 minute presentation for both motor carriers and drivers that will pro The silent problem that is now a national crisis and a concern for motor carriers and drivers.” vide motor carriers and drivers an understanding of the crisis and some possible suggestions to deal with drivers that use opioids. We will discuss the crisis in general, and as it relates to the trucking industry. The new regulations that their impact for motor carriers and driver, and solutions to the problem. Time will be made for questions and answers at the end of the presentation.
Webinar Discussion Topics:
- The Opioid Crisis in America, and how it impacts the trucking Industry.
- Why Should Motor Carriers and Drivers be concerned?
- The new drug testing regulation.
- What drugs are tested?
- Concerns within the trucking industry about the new reg.
- FMCSA guidance in dealing with legally prescribed pain meds.
- Medical examiner decision making for drivers taking pain meds.
- What should truck drivers do if they take prescription opioids?
2:00PM – 2:30pm (EST)
Dr. David Thorpe
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.