“Background, Reasons, Methods, General Protocols”
Recently updated to include testing and use during the Covid-19 pandemic.
2 Hour Online, OnDemand Webinar
This webinar will introduce the health care provider and their staff to Respirator Fit Testing for workers who are required to use a respirator. The webinar includes information pertaining to the OSHA regulations relating to Fit Testing, the reasons for wearing respirators, types of respirators and the types of testing, their protocols and methods.
Attendees will gain an in depth knowledge of both qualitative and quantitative testing. Also included is information regarding where to obtain the necessary equipment, reporting requirements, as well as needed record-keeping to satisfy all of OSHA’s requirements for Fit Testing defined within the regulation.
- Background and Statistics for respirator use.
- What regulations govern Respirator Fit Testing.
- When are respirators needed? Hazards in the workplace.
- Types of respirators.
- Filters and Cartridges
- Psychophysiologic demands of respirators and other factors.
- Key definitions you need to know.
- Anatomy of a Respirator
- Tips to fitting respirators
- Donning and Doffing respirators.
- Negative and Positive pressure checks.
- Cleaning and Maintenance.
- Fit Testing specifics, and video demonstration
- Record keeping and reporting requirements
Upon completion submit all post tests for grading to email@example.com.
Course Instructor: Dr. David Thorpe, Board Certified in Occupational Health, DOT Certified Medical Examiner and President of Pass My Physical.
Due to the current situation, this course does not provide CME or CEU credit to providers.