DEPRESSION AND THE TRUCK DRIVER
A CONDITION THAT IS BECOMING MORE COMMON AND INCREASINGLY MORE DIFFICULT FOR THE TRUCK DRIVER TO MANAGE.
Join us for this FREE 30 minute webinar and explore the issue of driver depression within the trucking industry. We will explore why it is more prevalent than in the general population and how it effects the truck driver and the industry as a whole. We will investigate the added stressors leading to depression, and the greater difficulty that exists with drivers in coping with the condition. Most importantly we will provide helpful tips for both that will limit its overall negative impact on the driver’s ability to stay on the road.
Webinar Discussion Topics:
- What are the statistics and why is it more prevalent with drivers?
- Are there different kinds of depression?
- What is the FMCSA regulation for depression and how do medical examiners make decisions?
- Why don’t drivers seek help more frequently?
- So what’s a driver and motor carrier to do? Tips to help drivers cope and to limit its impact on driver certification.
2:00PM – 2:30pm (EST)
Dr. David Thorpe
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.